Saturday, September 17, 2005

Blogging is being put on hold

I would like to announce to my rather limited but loyal readership that I am putting my blogging on total hold for the time being. This month, the month of Elul, is a month that Jews from time immemorial have set aside as a time of introspection, of soul-searching, of resolution to make the next year better than this one has been. It is a time when, as Chassidut has us know, there is a G-dly revelation in this world that beckons even to those who would prefer to believe that they are beyond hope. A time for renewed acceptance of our commitment to fulfilling our G-d-given mission on earth.

In this spirit, I have come to the realization that as enjoyable as this blogging exercise may be, it is not what I ought be occupying myself with, at least not at this sublimely holy point in time.

I expect to meet up personally with some of you in the upcoming month. May you and the Jewish people in Israel and abroad be inscribed for a good and sweet year, both materially and spiritually.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

True. At least in some abstract sense.

Looking from a purist point of view, בכל דרכיך דעהו means that every thing we do is/can be/ought be an act of communion with G-d. I, for one, do not consider myself to be at such a level just yet.

The Torah prescribes us the way to talk to G-d, the way He sees fit. While I can appreciate the possibility of room for diversion from time to time, we must remember what is rooted in truth and what is based on our shallow perception. I believe that now is the time for the former to take precedence.

Again Tzemach, א כתיבה וחתימה טובה.

Sat Sep 17, 10:35:00 PM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a hipocrisy to say all of it on Elul 13th...

Mon Sep 19, 02:22:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home