Friday, March 03, 2006

Going the wrong way

I decided to give Google ads a spin. (By the way, I am prohibited by our contract from either clicking the ads myself or asking others to do so; I will therefore refrain from doing so. But neither will I ask you not to patronize our advertisers).

As everyone knows, Google is supposed to be smart enough to deliver context-sensitive ads, which in simple language means that it will scan ("crawl") through the site and offer ads deemed to be of interest to the reader.

I am therefore shocked and surprised not as much because this blog now carries ads for Islamic schools, liberal think tanks and initiatives for impeaching our President. The fact that it is my site that attracts these, er, flies, is unsettling.

Well, who's crazy, me or Google? You vote!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home